Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Taipei No.1 Shared Tea

After a very tiring day from shopping, I decided to stop by a shop which caught my attention for a cup of drink. When I got a little closer to the menu, I wondered to myself "another Bubble Tea shop?" and thought to myself, perhaps I will give it a try.



While queuing to order, I noticed that the television is actually replaying a recorded news about Taipei No.1 Shared Tea drinks which have been broadcasted at Taiwan Newstation. After watching the news, I anticipated on how good their drinks really are that it actually made it its way to the news on television. 


The menu was a headache. I really could not decide which to drink as there was too many to choose from. In the end, I only asked the cashier for their bestseller and I was introduced to the top four drinks in their shop, which are Passion Fruit Orange with Grapefruit Tea, Lohas Fruit Flavored Green Tea, Signature Milk Tea with Tapioca Pearls and Milk Tea with Handmade Taro.


I end up paying for their Signature Milk Tea with Tapioca Pearls as well as the Milk Tea with Handmade Taro for myself and my parents. After paying, I was giving a queue number to collect my drinks. Again while I was waiting, I watched how the kitchen staff made their drinks with sincerity as they kept a smile all the time on their faces. 


I also browsed through their brochures which state a consumer promise that each cup of drinks is filled with all-natural antioxidants. 


The one thing I never failed to notice is their drink ambassador. A famous Hong Kong actor, movie director, film producer and tv host Eric Tsang. I was curious and asked why use someone from Hong Kong when the drink are from Taiwan? I was told that Eric Tsang was born in Guangdong, China. 


A little later, my number was being called out and my drinks are ready for collection! I was both thirsty and excited to know what made their drinks so unique. 



The Signature Milk Tea with Tapioca Pearls have a really rich aroma of tea while the milk was really mild. It taste like a good cup of Teh-Tarik but with the tea being much more richer and with very little milk in it. The Tapioca Pearls made the drink that much more delicious. 

On the other hand, the Milk Tea with Handmade Taro looks and sound blunt, but at first sip, it was love at first sip! (for Yam lovers -- Taro means Yam) It was a really genius drink where the yams were crushed into tiny pieces and at every sip, the milk tea melts the yam inside your mouth and some of the crushed pieces are slightly bigger where you can munch into it and taste the delicious yams!

There are no photographs of me with the drinks as I was the photographer myself. This is an extra post by Cindy Lim 53069 contributing to our weblog assignment as this week we are writing all about Bubble Tea from variety of shops offering this drink. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment